Dear Fellow Harvard Alum,
It is my pleasure to announce the 40th Anniversary Year of the Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches, and to invite you to join us in celebrating a very special alumni organization dedicated to fellowship, cultural enrichment, networking, and service to our local community. We hope to be able to enjoy the pleasure of your company soon!
In honor of our 40th Anniversary, the regular dues rate has been cut in half (now “$50.00 for the 40th”). We sincerely appreciate your support of the Club as we seek to expand the membership base, as well as the county-wide geography over which we plan to offer enjoyable and stimulating events. Your annual dues payment supports our modest administrative operation and provides working capital for many of the planned events (and is the Club’s sole source of support).
A few of the events currently offered or in the advanced planning phases include:
- Monthly luncheons at both Charley’s Crab on Palm Beach and soon also in new locations in South & North County
- Monthly, informal “Crimson Conversations” presentations by prominent Harvard alumni
- Special viewing of the blockbuster exhibit “Our Bodies: The Universe Within” at the South Florida Science Center & Aquarium
- A viewing party to watch the 133rd Harvard-Yale football game (come see Yale lose again!)
- Our signature Holiday Party at the National Croquet Center
- Two “Global Networking Night” events
- Discussions by prominent Harvard University professors and alumni on timely topics of interest
- “Global Month of Service” events
- A visit to the regional Clubs of Miami-Dade, the Palm Beaches, and Broward County by Harvard University President Drew Gilpin Faust
Please check the Club’s website regularly for updates regarding new events (harvardclubpalmbeaches.org). Suggestions aimed at making the Club better are always welcome - - please contact any of the Club’s Officers or our Club Administrator.
The Schools Committee continues its diligent work of interviewing candidates for admission and attending college fairs to provide unique perspectives to prospective applicants. New members interested in becoming interviewers are always welcome as the number of applicants to the College continues to grow. The Club awards the Harvard Book Prize to outstanding juniors at schools countywide, and this tradition relies on the support of our Members' generous donations.
The Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches depends upon members, both new and longstanding, to ensure the continued vitality of the Club. Please consider joining the Club and enjoy all of the benefits we have to offer. Club membership offers a unique manner in which to stay in touch with the University, reminisce about your time in Cambridge, and connect with other local alumni. The Club’s website makes joining and renewing your membership hassle-free, and you can make reservations for and render payment for the Club’s events via the website as well. We welcome your membership and participation whether you reside in South Florida permanently or on a part-time basis. We look forward to hearing from you and, hopefully, seeing you at an upcoming Club event!
The Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that serves the interests of Harvard University, its alumni, students, and their parents throughout Palm Beach County. The Club is wholly dependent upon membership dues for support and receives no funding from Harvard University or its affiliates.
Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches
Rhys L. Williams AB ’87 401 South County Road, P.O. Box 3188
President Palm Beach, FL 33480
Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches Telephone (561) 900-7176
Club Administrator: Sandra Arber
Email: email@example.com or